Here’s the printable version of the lemon tart recipe from the vlog.
- For the Pastry:
- ■ 350g plain flour |
- ■ 150g unsalted butter | Cold.
- ■ 100g icing sugar | Also known as confectioners sugar.
- ■ 2 whole large eggs |
- ■ Extra flour if the dough is sticky and for kneading.
- For the Filling:
- ■ 275ml lemon juice | Squeezed from about six lemons.
- ■ 4 whole large eggs |
- ■ 2 whole large egg yolks |
- ■ 275g white caster sugar |
- ■ 200ml pourable cream | Minimum of 35% milk solids.
- Butter to grease the tin.
- Icing sugar to garnish.
Just a couple of extra notes in addition to the video:
- Make sure the butter is cold – this will help to form the breadcrumb texture.
- The cooking time of the filling will vary on oven and ingredients – it is ready when the filling looks set but still has a wobble.
- Ensure the tart has fully cooled before attempting to remove it from the tin – believe me, I have lived and learnt the hard way.